June 27, 2012

IN THE MARGINS AND ON THE OUTSIDE

Being Christian, having an invisible auto immune disease that has left me disabled, losing everything I've ever wanted, etc has left me in the margins of society. I am marginalized. 




Often, this world makes us feel so awful for being in the margins of society. Intead of in the middle of it. I worried for so long about it, and I cant be the only one. You feel like you are missing out on something. You feel lonely. You feel unimportant. You feel like an outsider.

There's something special about the margins in a book however. There is space. To think. To question. To roam. To be, well, whatever you want to be. There's no conforming to a specific amout of space. You don't have to follow life in a line. You can go where you want. Say what you want. Think what you want and believe what you want. There is a freedom in the margins. There is free will. There is Truth--to be discovered, and to live.




Besides the metaphor of a book, which as a writer is one of my favorites, there is this song that makes me feel better about being an outsider. Almost proud even. Insert my gentle smile here.


The Outsiders by NEEDTOBREATHE

  


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment