January 13, 2013

GLIMPSES OF HER, GLIMPSES OF HIM

A few times a week, if I keep up with twitter, I think to myself, "This girl can't be real". And I've said it before on this blog, so now I feel even crazier because I'm starting to sound like a fan girl of a 19 year old Disney star. And if I'm thinking that, I don't want to know what all of you are thinking.
 
Fan girl. Well...crap, yeah. I'll give in on this one. I believe in this one. I have to. I need to.
 
Seriously, you've gotta believe me on this one: Debby Ryan is the best Disney has ever found and may ever find.
 
She can't be 19! She just can't. No mind can turn such elusive, abstract, emotionally complex thoughts into such art, let alone thoughts of wisdom uncovered during adolescence! It just can't be possible. They must have made her in a George Lucas factory. (Sorry about that one. It was just too easy.)
 
I mean, who sees the world the way she does, and at her age?!
 
I am crazy. I can hear it. I really can. A 19 year old face of Disney has a brilliant mind, and heart, and soul?
 
I'm going to continue being honest--might as well--which the safety of this screen being so far from yours and the anonymity helps me be, I'm so jealous of the gifts God has given her. They seem boundless, endless and infinite.
 
If some of you think I'm special (in an artistic way this time), which you have stated...you have no idea what's out there--what's in her!
 
All I can do is shake my head in awe of this character in His story.
 
Dear Lord, I'm begging you, keep her in Your hands. Don't let this one stray from You. At all. Ever. Please.
I mean, check out the latest post of hers on her Tumbler: My Mosaic.
 
I give up. I will never know who she really is. None of us will. But that's no matter, for even glimpses of the way she sees His world is magic enough to give us a fresh feeling of renewed faith and hope and truth.
 
For glimpses of her seem to be minute glimpses of what He is capable of.
 
I just hope when she breaks free from the Disney world, if she so chooses, people of all ages and beliefs take her seriously, because what she has to say deserves to be heard--needs to be heard.
 
Until then, to me, it feels like taking the time to try to understand who Debby Ryan is anyway, as she figures out the same, is an invaluable view into the world He created through the eyes, ears, heart, brain, and soul of one of His hand picked creations who can create beautiful and profound ways of interpreting life on His earth.
 
I highly recommend you throw your ignorant presuppositions of "Disney Princesses" out the flipping window, which might as well be nailed, glued, and cemented shut compared to the window God has into her soul and mind, and the window she has into His, and give seeing the world her way for even five minutes.
 
Who knows, maybe something she said will help you and God take some of your brokenness and make something of it. Maybe you just might be able to put the brush to the canvas a little easier as you feel in your bones and soul that sense of wholeness you've unknowingly been begging for and searching for relentlessly every moment of every day since birth. The wholeness that is so other and yet so easy to dream of. The wholeness we've never really felt, not completely, and yet still somehow we know it has to exist and that it is capable of feeling someday...God, we can only hope, can't we?
 
And I can only hope that glimpses of me, and the way I see and feel this story He has given me and us, gives all of you the glimpses of God the way she does for me. And I can only hope that however you share your view of this life God has given us gives all of those around you glimpses of Him and His infinitude and wholeness and love as well.
 
Thank you for listening to my glimpse of a glimpse of a glimpse in this post, and to my glimpses of Him in this blog. May you see a glimpse of that wholeness that is yet to come and hopefully even feel it a little today as well. May that feeling give you strength and faith to endure. May it give you hope. May it help you be even a little more understanding as to why you must break apart into so many agonizing pieces. And God, may it help you (us) be patient enough to let Him take His time to reshape you (us) into the mosaic He had planned for you (us) to be all along.
 
May it encourage you to look for wholeness in the right places, and to always be on the lookout for glimpses of Him and His awe and His truth everywhere, and in everything, and in everyone.
 
May you notice we are all mosaics in the making, who are glimpses into Him, even "Disney Princesses."
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment