July 14, 2013

AWAKEN

 
matt dallas (@themattdallas)
“A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
— Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I look back at who I was, and she feels like a complete stranger most of the time. Especially if I see a picture of the old physically healthy me.
 
There's a huge difference between physically healthy and spiritually heathy. If I had to choose, I choose spiritually healthy. Most of you wouldn't. Don't. I know I wouldn't have before Stills.
 
I hope that blogs like mine and books by my favorite authors and with God's help and guidance throughout your story, you get to live, so that you can be slowly born.
 
My birth got kickstarted, forced, with the tragedy of a single event.
 
My hope is for yours to occur more slowly, more beautifully.
 
But if that single event is thrust upon you, may the stranger awoken within be slowly born into the spiritual child God created you to be.
 
Us to be.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment