July 15, 2013

THE MARGINS

There's a lot about Glee that makes Christians uncomfortable. What they don't know is that there's a lot about Glee that is very Biblical.
 
Christ came from the margins of society. He meets us in the margins of society. He says, "I know it hurts. I know it's lonely. I know you are ashamed of who you are. What youve done. Who you aren't...I know you're tired of not fitting in. I know you, and I love you anyway. I always will. No matter what."
 
No matter what you think of Glee, it does the same thing as Christ. It gave all of us in the margins of society a place to feel special. To feel like a star. To feel loved and wanted when nobody else would love us or want us.
 
The show made me feel, once a week, that I wasn't alone. That I was somebody. And I was somebody extraordinary. That these people would welcome me with open arms and hearts into their family. That everyone, is just part of the beauty of Glee...
 
Tonight I say I prayer for the loss of Corey Monteith...Fin Hudson...
 
Whatever he struggled with, if he was still struggling, I'm glad the struggle is over for good, but he will be loved and missed...more than I can express to you.
 
I hope God comforts Lea and the rest of the cast and all of us who know how important he was to this world, the show, and the rest of us in the margins...
 
My heart breaks from the weight of tragedy and loss in this world in general tonight. There's just too much of it. It is suffocating and I don't know how God is able to watch us suffer.
 
I know He hates it. But I also know He has a purpose for it. But still, being an author, watching your characters suffer for the good of themselves and the story...it sucks. But thank Him He knows it's worth it. I know I couldn't be a Father of this many grieving children. His Love is and ocean for sure. We are all truly sinking.
 
May we all somehow find peace.
 
May we all somehow welcome everyone into the margins with us and say, "I know it hurts. I know it's lonely. I know you are ashamed of who you are. What youve done. Who you aren't...I know you're tired of not fitting in. I know you, and I love you anyway. I always will. No matter what." Even, or especially, to the cast and fans of the show Glee.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment