January 18, 2012

Resistance

There has been an overwhelming amount of resistance lately in my life, and I am tired of it. So:

“I read a book a couple years ago by Steven Pressfield called The War of Art…He also says that every creative person, and I think probably every other person, faces resistance when trying to create something good. He even says resistance, a kind of feeling that comes against you when you point toward a distant horizon, is a sure sign that you are supposed to do the thing in the first place. The harder the resistance, the more important the task must be, Pressfield believes.” –Donald Miller, A Million Miles In A Thousand Years

This quote gives me hope, just enough to want to keep fighting this dark energy just to piss it off and to see what God and I can create together. And that gives me strength to keep fighting today.

I honestly do not know what I would do without books, without brilliant quotes by great authors like Donald Miller, Anne Lamott, C.S. Lewis, A.W. Tozer, Susan Isaacs…and I never want to find out. I wouldn’t make it, that’s for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment