March 25, 2012

Christianity: The Language Of The Soul

       
         
"I don't think you can explain how Christian faith works either. It's a mystery. And I love that about Christian spirituality. It cannot be explained, and yet it is beautiful and true. It is something you feel, and it comes from the soul." -Donald Miller, Blue Like Jazz, pg. 57

"He said jazz music was invented by the first generation out of slavery. I thought that was beautiful because, while it is music, it is very hard to put on paper; it is so much more a language of the soul. It is as if the soul is saying something, something about freedom. I think Christian spirituality is like jazz music. I think loving Jesus is something you feel. I think it is something very difficult to get on paper. But it is no less real, no less meaningful, no less beautiful." - Donald Miler, Blue Like Jazz, pg. 239

No comments:

Post a Comment