March 23, 2012

The Shape Of Us

I love this song by Ian Britt. I feel like, this sounds cheesy, and maudlin, but it's real, it feels like Jesus talking to me. Telling me who I really am, drowning out the world's lies. It makes me feel loved, known, at peace, home, understood. I really needed it tonight, and for the last few weeks. It makes me think, "Yeah. We can do this."

You're no longer alone. 
We've found a space to name our own. 
There aint no need to fret or fuss. 
We've got all the strength we need in the shape of us. 

And I know you've had it tough. 
Your road's been bumpy and rough. 
But say goodbye to a world that you once knew. 
I have every faith in me and you. 

Hold my hand. 
Hold my heart. 
Let go your fear. 
Darling I will always be here. 

I never felt quite so at home. 
Your sweet caress is the best I've known. 
Now that I've proved to you that I'm worthy of your trust. 
Let us build a world in the shape of us. 

Chorus. 

Darling I will always be here.

credits








No comments:

Post a Comment