March 19, 2012

My Broken Heart

I've enjoyed living in ignorance all these years, thinking the International Olympic Committee cares more about the art and love of sport and competition rather than ratings, endorsements, or money. Now....now I just feel sick to my stomach. 

When I was a little girl and adults asked me what I wanted to do when I grew up, I told them I wanted to play softball in the Olympics. They kind of chuckled and then realized I was serious, and they felt awkward and then asked what else I wanted to do. It's been over 17 years since then, and we have only moved backwards. This is all crap. Stealing little girls' dreams from them!? Stealing mine?!

Even now, if you were to ask me what I wanted to do when I grew up, who I wanted to be like, a huge part of me would want to tell you that I really wish I could grow up to be Jessica Mendoza. And I mean that seriously. I tell her so a couple times a year on Twitter. I once heard it made her day. I posted it with this picture:


This is the Truth as to why softball won't be in the Olympics any time soon/This is why my heart is broken:

No comments:

Post a Comment