May 20, 2012

A Series Of Events: How Still's Disease Saved My Life

I never would have found who and why I am or been this in love with Jesus and this trusting of God had I never written.

I never would have found my writing style or what I wanted to or needed to write if not for Donald Miller.

I never would have found Donald Miller if I hadn't found To Write Love On Her Arms.

I never would have found TWLOHA if I hadn't found Relevant Magazine.

I never would have found Relevant magazine had I not been told by my professor and advisor I could be a writer, I just had to get published in magazines first: ones I would want to write for. 

I never would have been told to look for magazines to write for, because I could be a writer, had I not decided to drop out of college.

I never would have dropped out of college had God not given me Stills Disease. 



I would love to leave it here. End it here. But, I'm afraid I need to tell and not just hope showing was enough...

I honestly and wholeheartedly believe Stills Disease led me to finally be someone almost worthy of being called Christian. Who I was, before Stills Disease...she didn't deserve to be called that. Not really. 

There's a lot more to the story than those events. There are more events really, but it feels complicated enough and the point is still clear...I hope. 

Still's Disease. Who knew it would lead here. To me realizing how God used it to get my attention. To tell me what actually matters. To tell me who I really am. To connect me wholly and completely to Him. 

If you aren't in awe when reading this, I honestly don't care this time. Not at all. I'm in awe. He is dazzling me. And that, THAT, is worth every bit of struggle and horror this disease can throw at me. Tonight...I sit down, or lie down, shut up, and get completely lost in how much He loves me enough to write me into His story.

What looks like a random series of events to a lot of people, is really just an epic story. 

Trust me: every little event matters. Just wait....just wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment