July 31, 2014

WHITE FLAG BANDITS OF PEACE by John Sowers

I've been on the internet a lot lately. I've watched/heard people think they are commentating on a man and his new business adventure, but as far as I can tell, they are crucifying him, his name, his family and friends—everything he touches or breathes on.
 
It breaks my heart.
 
I honestly no longer care if he did what they think and say he did, because it no longer matters. For a project that is about making a "new" Bible, the Word of God, very few are acting and speaking like children of God. And they aren't the only ones.
 
It's been said before. It will be said again: Social media has given us too many ways to "talk" (mostly about other people). I honestly think we talked and complained and words helped us get into too much trouble before social media and the internet and now it's even worse. And that's coming from a writer who would have no voice if it weren't for the internet and blogs...
 
I once forgave someone for more or less destroying something precious of mine, and then hiding that fact from me for months, that cost $200. I didn't ask for a dime or penny back. I handed it to God, knew she never meant it, and moved on. It wasn't anywhere near my job to get angry, belittle her, crucify her name, or never speak to her again. I let it go.
 
Throwing your white flag up as a bandit for peace instead of seeking justice may be one of the hardest things you ever do, but it will also be one of the most freeing things you ever do. It may bring you closer to Jesus than you ever knew it could...at least it did for me.
 
Something changed when I forgave her and demanded nothing in return but for her to know she could still be my friend (just in case she thought I was pretending and the yelling and crucifying would happen when she least expected it)...I changed. My heart changed. Instead of hardening like most hearts would in reaction to something like that, it softened.
 
I don't know how I was able to do it, Ok, well, I just know God did all the heavy lifting for me. Truly a miracle.
 
John Sowers
This post, which you can click to read at the end of this paragraph, is from John Sowers, an extraordinary man. He wisely yet succinctly reflects and expands on what real peace of mind and heart looks like, or should look like. It creates a clear vision of peace. It reminds us what Jesus would do and what turning the other cheek actually looks like. Please give it a read: click here.
 
 
 
To quote him, "May we all be white flag bandits...even if it is hard or scandalous"...especially on the internet.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment